Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pre-Transplantation I

Well, here we are.  We've been planning our move from Kansas City to Seattle, Washington for over a year now, and it's finally happening next week!  No more sweltering summers or frigid winters buried in snow, all of the fresh seafood I can stand, and beautiful national parks and state forests to explore.

But before all of the rainy days and "too-good-to-be-true-ness," we've got to get there.  We have most everything packed.  I'm pretty sure it will all fit in the car...  We have our apartment nailed down at the deposit in the mail (if it's not already there).  It seems like everything is well in order.

Except it never is...  Moving is one of those things where you think  you've got everything under control until the last minute, and then you realize there were a million things you forgot to do and a lot of people you wanted to see one last time.  I'm at a point now where I constantly feel like I should be doing something to get ready but can never think of anything to do...

So here, friends, is this chronicle of last minute madness and road trip hi-jinks and, hopefully, good things to come.  And for all of you who've been living this move vicariously through us over the last weeks ... there's that, too.

Until the next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment